Thursday, October 7, 2010

studious reflection. new etsy applications.

Okay, I can't tell you how many gripes I've made on the forum + blogs about Etsy getting on board with some discount code feature for sales. So this new "Etsy On Sale" site/application great. Almost perfect. I sometimes offer a discount for repeat buyers, so I'd still like the ability of a discount code...but I'll deal!

It's an easy way to put a bunch of items on a special sale all at once [+ for a specified amount of time]. Sale price shows up automatically + the customers don't have to wait for a refund back through PayPal. Yippee! 

The site itself is very basic + isn't set up for searches AND limited to browsing through the top tier categories only. So, once this site picks up momentum, it's going to be super crowded. Now, it's new, so new features could very well be in the works. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the other recent new application is from Statsy.org, the same site that will send sellers email notifications when an item hits Etsy's front page [thank you].

Right.
This new application took longer than I thought it would to show up on the scene, but the wait is over [she hesitantly says]. The Clockbot is ready to use. This app lets a seller schedule listing renewels automatically. Uh huh, you could sit there and plan out the next few days' worth of renewels + be busy doing somethig else. 

Really, I have mixed feelings about this. I can't tell you how many times I've wished for this since I'm swamped at the office + can't sneak on the Etsy to renew items [ssh!]. BUT. For those that do have the time [+ money] to sit + plan out a neverending constant 24/7 schedule of renewals will. I can just imagine it now....my items are forever destined to sit back on page 463 + 1039. FOREVER. Etsy gone spam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

haha. oh well. I'll figure something out!


So what do you think about the new features, both as sellers and customers?


♥ -Kat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails