Thursday, August 26, 2010

inspired design. cayce zavaglia.

I am at a loss for words this morning. When choosing a field to study or a trade to follow, at some point we all have to decide how far we want to take our training. 

My grandmother wanted to teach me how to create things with plastic canvas and make beaded ornaments and embroider. But my mom wanted to show me how to sew and crochet and cross stitch. Beyond just wanting to climb on top of the school bus or playing princess in the H U G E sprawling azalea, I wanted to paint, draw, take pictures or make jewelry. 

End result? I learned how to do a lot of things, but many of them only at beginning or intermediate stages. And just like deciding how far we want to take our degree, etc...we all have to weed out & edit what studies or trades we choose to really focus on. 

Right, so how does this relate to the picture above & to the left? So, okay, it's a portrait. in NEEDLEWORK! Can you imagine how much time, effort, creativity and passion went into this? Seriously, take a few minutes and browse through Cayce Zavaglia's works. Found via Mary Corbett's Needle 'n Thread

Aren't the eyes amazing?! The depth and life they convey is amazing, but in thread. 
S t u n n i n g.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you're inspired!
♥ - Kat.

[images from Cayce Zavaglia site]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails