Sunday, March 15, 2009

You know that you're obsessed when....

This past Monday night I was finally settling down to work on some jewelry, the power went out. Well, within 15 minutes after everything went out, I could hear sirens in the distance. That wasn't good & meant that it may be a while for everything to be back up & running. I wasn't quite ready to call it a night & I was very frustrated because I wanted to try out this new idea (no, it couldn't wait until the next day!).

Now, I'm from Florida & have been through my fair share of hurricanes. I keep candles, etc on hand & decided that I would continue on in candlelight...at least for a little bit! Unfortunately, my eyes aren't what they used to be & thought it would be wise to keep my experimenting in the candlelight to a minimum!

I highly recommend keeping the following items on hand in case of a power outage. 1) LED flashlight (+ one for every vehicle). They're very bright & reliable. Check on the battery life once every month so you're not searching for batteries in the dark. Not fun! 2) Battery operated (=flameless) candles. What's not to love about these. They're kid & pet friendly & can be set up in other rooms without supervision. I "stationed" a couple of these in the other rooms so I could navigate around the house easily.
I recommend Candle Impressions flameless candles. They're the mose realistic ones that I've seen on the market. Here's a few of the places that you can get them from.
I bought the 4" pillars from Wal-Mart on clearance for $4 a piece---a steal! They come in a 6" pillar, I believe, at Bed Bath & Beyond. Most of the retailer's will carry the ivory, vanilla-scented version. Don't scoff at the prices if you can't find any left at Wal-Mart. The ones from Candle Impressions at retail locations typically last over 200 hours off 2 "AA" batteries. They're made from wax, flicker just like the real thing, and did I mention are kid & pet friendly!!! I'm a big advocate of these!! We've started selling them to hotels at work (same company as indicated above) &, no, we do not sell to individuals (please don't get mad at me!).
Kat

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails