Saturday, February 19, 2011

book nook. torment by lauren kate.



TORMENTED & TORN. On one hand, I’m over the books because of the lack of character depth. But on the other hand, I’m a sucker for an unfinished story. Even though I’m a bit ticked at being led on for a second book & left with only more questions & theories, I’ll check-out the third installment for some *I hope* closure.

This series has the potential of serious disappointment. I mean, if this backstory reveal isn’t fantastic, then all this teasing has been a waste. The world is not made up in black & white. There are many shades of grey [just ask Ansel Adams –bah dum dum]. Got it, understood. Again, I don’t like leaving a series unfinished, but so over the tease. 

READ MY FULL RANT REVIEW HERE>>>



NOTE. I read a lot of gritty supernatural &/or crime &/or cynical --you get my drift-- AND I mean it when I read a lot & many of them in one evening or two. Sometimes, it's because I'm so locked into the story & characters *not the case so much here*. Honestly, I skimmed a lot because there's a lot of filler not relevant to the story & I'm not convinced of any undying love connection between the two main characters. 

Again, I have this personal vow of seeing a series through to the end until I give my final opinion. If you like "lighter" reads, try the series out [and it is geared towards teens, but I'd add towards very sheltered or younger teens- there was more emotion in Twilight].  If you like more potency to any of the above, skip it. If you're looking for something angels/demons with "grit", perhaps check out Adrian Phoenix's Maker series. I've only read the first book, but it dealt with angels mixed in with vamps too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 -Kat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails