Monday, June 28, 2010

exclusive sale. momo rules, azula drools.


The wait is over! The Last Airbender comes out this Thursday. So this week, take an additional 20% off all SALE items at cardinalhouse! Let’s say that this is to help create balance a la [real, not blue] Avatar style – you know, out with the old… theory. Enter “momolove” into the message to seller during checkout & I’ll refund the 20% back via PayPal. Offer ends Friday [7/02] at midnight.

My son has been begging me to go see this as soon as we found out that a live-action movie version would be coming out. So for nearly a year now, I’ve been reassuring Alex that we’d go to see it.
Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about the movie yet. As sad as this may sound, I love the cartoon nearly as much as Alex does.  I didn’t like the rock-type music playing during some of the trailers because that just doesn’t fit the character of the cartoon. Appa’s CG on the trailers look very disappointing & I haven’t noticed how they’re doing Momo [the lemur].

It looks like this will only be Book 1 [Water] of the series, which earns Shayamalan points & explains why new & unknown stars were cast. If he does a good job on this movie & it turns out well, then Shayamalan could turn this into another trilogy & boost the young actors’ careers [think Lord of the Rings & Harry Potter]. Book 2 would be Earth [yea Toph] & Book 3 is Fire. Eack Book was essentially a season on Nick.

♥-Kat.

[theme song clip from Nick's site here]

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails