Sunday, March 14, 2010

Studious Reflection.


I managed to work up mucho little flowers on my Friday off. Yesterday, I finished a couple of the collar-type necklaces that I've been dreaming up....

green & blue Rosalind necklaces now available at cardinalhouse
[there will only be 1 of the blue versions available b/c I'm keeping the 1st!]

They are the first of a few gradient floral necklaces that I have up my sleeve.  I have other intentions for the rest. 

I've made these necklace 17" long with 3" chain extension as my standard. That seemed to give the best flexibility, but I can adjust the length further upon request.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There's more detail work on these guys to be certain that they lay flat. I wore my model yesterday & was pleased. The only time that they didn't fall back nice & flat was after a bout of imp wrestling [err...goofing off with the boy...]. I think that not even the most well-planned out jewelry designer can promise anything after the tickle monster visits...lol.

After I finish working up all of the flowers I made up, I want to test out a possible bracelet design. The normal bracelet size is around the 7" mark, but I can never wear that as is b/c my wrists are 5.5" 'round. 
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

♥-Kat.


7 comments:

Joella said...

I happened to stumble across your blog and I'm so glad I did...we both share a love for handmade flowers. I don't know about you but I've become addicted to making them, I too have made some jewelry and am now going to try my hand at hair pins. Oooh the possibilities:) PS I'll be back to visit as I'm now a follower:)

Kat said...

Thanks so much. I just checked out your blog...I love your stuff! Do you sell online? I didn't see a link to a store there or on your twitter. Send me a link. Looking forward to seeing your work!

Unknown said...

These are just gorgeous!

anne @ Floralshowers Craft Blog said...

These are so cool...I wish I was bold enough to wear something like this. =)

Carol said...

Wow, those are great!

Kat said...

Thanks so very much ladies!

~L~ said...

WOW these are beautiful.
I'd love to have this linked to my weekly link party "Make my Style Mondays"

www.avidaccents.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails