Sunday, March 21, 2010

studious reflection. new stuff. must show discipline.

Now listed at cardinalhouse. Rosalind necklace - dusty blue & sage green damask. $36. only 1 available.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So at work [design office], I get to dabble with a ton of different designs. Modern, traditional, boutique, resort, reds, blues, etc. That's one of the fabulous things about design. I can play with all sorts of fun stuff, but don't have to live in it & it's not exactly my money [not so simple as that, but that's how I'll leave it here ;)]. 

It's the same feeling with all of the fabric that I'm recycling into these necklaces. Unfortunately, the jewelry is so much easier to keep. Most of the fabric comes from old sample books, so I can only make 1 or 2 of many styles. So when I fall in love with such a one of a kind necklace [like above], well, it takes quite the show of discipline to actually list it at the shop. I don't wear the actual piece that I sell; I test out the necklaces to make sure the length is okay & that they lay correctly, but I don't wear them out on a hot date, you know?.

Now listed at cardinalhouse. Rosalind necklace - raspberry, sage, eggplant. $36. 2 available.

It really would be nice to only do this one day [make jewelry]. I can't keep everything I make & expect to turn this into anything. It's that same feeling of when you're re-assessing your finances & streamlining certain little extras. 
Now listed at cardinalhouse. Rosalind necklace - dusty blue. $36. only 1 available.

I did other things this weekend, but I set the goal of working up some of the flowers that I made last weekend. While I love these necklaces, I will encourage discipline. I listed them so I couldn't change my mind!

The new Rosalind necklaces all shown above are all 18" long with a 2" extender. Personally, I like them hanging at just about 19" but I wanted to maintain versatility. Let me know what you think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now listed at cardinalhouse. Rosa necklace - azalea pink & jet black. $28. 2 available.

Whew! 4 new necklaces, computer work, errands, cleaning, fireside social...much was accomplished this weekend [pats back].
♥ -Kat.

4 comments:

Jamee said...

those look great and have sweet vintage style to them!!

DuhBe said...

You skills at color combining make me jealous. Every one is a lovely as the next.

Melissa said...

Those are gorgeous necklaces...

Kat said...

Thank you very much, everyone. It's nice to know that I'm doing something okay every once in a while!

Related Posts with Thumbnails