Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Treats: Lazy brunch pie!


This is a take-off of a recipe I found in my clippings (can't tell what magazine it came from). I actually made this Thanksgiving morning & used a frozen pie crust for ease. It turns out so moist, yet still slices well!

(9" pie shell - ever how)  
6 eggs
1 cup small curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
2 oz pancetta*
2 oz cooked ham*
1 green onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. torn (or snipped) Italian parsley
*pancetta & ham...thickness is personal preference....I like to buy from deli in thicker slices if I know I'm going to make, but can use the thinner slices for sandwiches, etc if on hand or use the pre-packaged (typically thin) if the deli line is too much.

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl stir together eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheeses, pancetta, ham, green onion, and parsley. [I also toss in a twist of sea salt, a pinch of white pepper & ground nutmeg] Pour into unbaked crust. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with foil during baking to prevent overbrowning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.

So Yum!
♥-Kat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails