Saturday, November 14, 2009

Beginner's food tip: How to keep sliced fruit from turning brown.



My grandmother & mother had me help out in the kitchen when I was a little squirt. Apparently, this tradition seems to be a not-so-common thing these days & I'm not sure if that makes me mad or sad. For those of you that do spend time in the kichen, you probably know this one...but just in case...

After you've cut up your fruit, sprinkle lemon juice over it. Do me a favor...if you're using lemon juice à la bottle...please make sure it's real lemon juice at least...not the imitation kind or from concentrate or whatever else such non-sense..Sorry for the little rant but, trust me, it really does make a difference (in any recipe, not just this).

*Note: You should be able to use other acidic juices (orange, pineapple, etc). There are other products in canning/preserving aisles that would work (Fresh Fruit) if you don't like the taste, but we (the fam.) love the flavor mix & that it's easy/natural. It all comes down to personal preference, I guess!

Yum!
♥-Kat.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails